So with this being my third time I have covered Sasquatch, and my first time for Buzznet. I thought I would go ahead and share what I overall thought of this year's festival. I noticed Yasi did the same thing yesterday. So why not share mine, being I have covered this three times.
- Alabama Shakes is much better live.
- Shooting/Hanging out with my Seattle colleagues is always fun.
- Hanging out with Yasi and Travis on Day 3 and shooting Zola Jesus for them.
- Ted Leo and The Pharmacist's actually blew me away!
- Deer Tick's lead singer, wasted beyond all control during their first of two sets.
- Zola Jesus is really pretty, and I wouldn't be surprised if she does become the next big thing.
- Grouplove wanting me to get their tattoo on my arm and even offering to pay for it.
- Seeing Tenacious D hanging out at the Yeti Stage for John C. Reilly's show.
- Mogwai cancelling at the last minute.
- Feist not working with the photogs in the pit and deciding to hide behind a mic.
- The 1 1/2 hour traffic jam on Friday, making me miss half of the bands I wanted to cover (Honeyhoney, Wheeler and Zander, Yellow Ostrich, Of Monsters and Men etc.).
- People with media passes dancing in the crowded photo pit, and not shooting... Especially the drunk chick who decided to dance right in front of me during TuNe yArDs making it hard for not only me but my colleagues to get any work done... Take it outside if you wanna dance.
- Dude in the pit shooting with his iPad... Yes it did happen and Morgen called it!
All in all I have to say this year was pretty good. Of course i'm sore as hell from walking up and down that hill, but the way I see it; if you can survive shooting Sasquatch any show is a cake walk... Including Warped Tour. However, I would like to see them go back to the three day festival or even try the two weekend thing that Coachella is doing. And on a side note, I think it's time I got my feet wet and covered SXSW next year.